MCC Club XI
The MCC Club XI competition is a cricket competition coordinated by the Melbourne CC which has 23 teams from 14 clubs competing across three divisions. Many of those clubs are ‘old school’ teams. The MCC have two teams that play which provide a great opportunity for MCC members to play competitive cricket for the club on some of the best grounds in Melbourne. Some benefits of playing in the competition are highlighted below.
- MCC Members and guest can play
- 40 over one-day format
- Turf wickets on some of Melbournes best grounds
- Professional umpires
- Predominately Sunday afternoon games
- No seasonal fee or long term commitment - just pay per game
- Afternoon tea and post match drinks provided
- High standard competition - 3 divisions - 8 teams per division
- 14 games per season (Oct - Feb)
- Pre-season training held at the MCG Indoor Cricket Centre
- Optional Wednesday night traiing (on turf), following by a pub meal
"The MCC Club XI is a fantastic initiative. It allows cricketers who genuinely enjoy the game to play a great standard and on some of the most beautiful grounds in Melbourne.... ". ~ Stephen Mellick, MCC Club XI cricketer
“Having young sons and a daughter who enjoy a hit of cricket in the nets, it’s been fun to roll the arm over occasionally. I noticed a “call for new players” for the Club XI Cricket Competition in the MCC Newsletter in August last year – despite not having played competitive cricket since AB was Test skipper, I decided to respond. Having played last season, it’s been terrific fun and a very rewarding experience....". ~ John Jackson, MCC Club XI cricketer
If you're interested in joining our Club XI teams come down to pre-season training which kicks off at the below time.
MCG Indoor Cricket Centre
7.00 - 9.00pm
Thursday September 21, 2017
Dress is white cricket shirt and blue shorts/track pants, sneakers, no spikes.
To register to attend the session or for further detail about MCC Club XI cricket please contact Nathan Ervin via email@example.com